Currently Obsessed: Giraffes

July 27, 2012


Ever since a trip to Disneyworld's Animal Kingdom and some notable giraffe sightings on the safari attraction, I've felt a connection with these animals. After all, we're both super-tall, awkward and look as though we might topple to the ground with one misplaced step. I've seen some OK giraffe items in the past, and of course there's one of my very favorite Charley Harper pieces, but nothing has compared to the fall line-up at Fossil. It's like a giraffe wonderland! That giraffe-print dress pretty much tops my list, but the clutch wallet, flats and bracelet are tied for a close second. I don't quite know how I'm going to keep myself from buying the entire line.

Fossil's last season giraffe necklace is one piece I luckily picked up on sale and have been wearing like crazy ever since (little did I know it was a preface for the giraffe extravaganza to come!). I had my eye on J.Crew's version a while back, but upon studying a close-up photo of their version, the poor animal had a rather mentally-ill look about him, so I passed. Then this little rhinestone-dotted version appeared and I was able to get my giraffe love on (accessory-speaking, of course). Here's hoping I can add to my collection once my favorite pieces come in at Fossil...


Speaking of my love of giraffes, I was blown away when I saw this post from A Cup of Jo - a giraffe-centric holiday??! These photos absolutely blew my mind! Kenya's Giraffe Manor is now officially topping my dream travel wish list. So much world still to see...   





Daily Drop Cap by Jessica Hische